Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Winter or Spring? Mother Nature will not make up her mind!

It's the beginning of March and we have already had one big thaw!  Last Saturday the temperature reached a whopping +8 degrees, however.  That night it was raining and then when I woke up on Sunday there was a foot of snow on the ground!  Boy was I annoyed because I am so ready for spring. 

With the fresh snow on the ground people are asking if Spring is around the corner, or not.  Environment Canada seems to think that it isn’t, for they issued a statement declaring that Southern Ontario will experience a longer, colder, and wetter winter.  Bah-Humbug!  Well, fingers crossed that Wiarton Willy is still to be trusted.

Here is a picture of the bank of the Credit River, before the Saturday night snowfall. 



2 comments:

  1. Did you take any close-ups of the ice on the rocks in the background of this picture? It looks like it has a cool, bumpy-ripply texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes I did. Just for you Ellie Fish, I'll post a close-up image!

    ReplyDelete