Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fashion Photography at The Painted Wardrobe


This summer I have been fortunate to work for a great independent clothing store called The Painted Wardrobe (TPW).  The owner/my boss and the woman who work there are amazing, fun, passionate, driven, and fashionable people.  I fit right in, so they say ;)

This is a great job opportunity because it not only allows me to be around great people and beautiful clothes (e.g. from Joseph Ribkoff and Nygard) and accessories, I have also become TPW’s photographer.  When I am not selling clothes I am working with the owner to market TPW via facebook.  We are updating and turning TPW’s facebook page into more of a marketing tool to showcase the beautiful clothing at TPW.  At the same time, promoting Fun with Fashion at TPW

This job has given me an introduction into fashion photography.  And I love it.  However, I have fallen in love with all photography genres that I have tried ;)  I am learning all about the logistics of shooting clothes on hangers/racks, mannequins, and live models; and finding or construction an adequate background that isn’t to busy and distracting!

During the last two Tuesdays, TPW has had a popular broadcaster from one of our local radio stations, Country 93, perform live on location broadcasts.  During these promotions I have photographed the broadcasters trying on clothes and having Fun with Fashion.  Numerous photos from these events have been posted on TPW’s facebook page.

Here are a few of my favourites.  Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Awesome job, Cricket! Your photos show so much promise and to think what you can do at the end of your studies. You're a hard worker and as long as you're passionate about what you do you'll be successful.

    I am fortunate to say I have a Candra Photography original. Doug and I hung your wedding gift to us in our room. Thanks!

    love, Steph (mika)

    ReplyDelete