This past weekend I went to the Centennial Park Conservatory and spent a couple hours taking pictures of the wonderful flora. I took advantage of my time there and fiddled with my dSLR, familiarizing myself with the different functions and abilities the camera has. I experimented with white balance, depth of field and different aperture and shutter settings, as well as increasing and decreasing exposure compensation.
Note – I spent Sunday playing with my image software so you will notice these pictures have an interesting look to them. Unfortunately I only have an old canon point-and-click picture software program and not Photoshop. In due time, I will acquire Photoshop and familiarize myself with it.
Here are a few pictures I captured.




I like the cactus best. I like how the red in the background brings out the red at the base of the...spikey things. Plants aren't really my thing, you know. Weren't there any fish there?
ReplyDeleteAlso, did you really post this at 5:07am, or have you just not set blogger to your time zone? Because my last post says 6:01am, which would be true if I were in BC. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, I liked the cactus too! Ah, there were Coy in the fish pond. I took a few photos of the fish but focused on the plants ;)
ReplyDeleteLOL..yep it looks like I need to set my blogger time.
I am going to post some photos on my Created with Light Blog, too. During part of my time in the greenhouse was to see if I can find contrasting colours!